2 cups of flour
½ cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of baking soda
½ cup of oil
1 ½ cups of sugar
2 cups of shredded zucchini
1 cup of walnuts or any other nuts, finely or roughly chopped (optional)
3 spoons of hot water
IMPORTANT: These brownies have no taste of zucchini, which are used as an ingredient just to make brownies moist.
- Turn the oven on 180o
- Put in a bowl all the dry ingredients except sugar – flour, cocoa, salt and baking soda. Mix it all up.
- In another bowl put oil, sugar and vanilla sugar and mix it.
- Put liquid ingredients into dry ones, mix it up, and add zucchini and walnuts or other nuts you decided to use. At this point mixture will be hard to mix, and this is when you can decide, to put some hot water inside, just to help combine everything. Mixture has to be thick, because zucchini will release moisture during baking and make this cake unforgettable experience.
- Prepare baking pan (23x23x5cm) with baking paper. Put some oil and cover it with cocoa powder. Transfer mixture inside, and using spatula make it equally placed.
- Bake it 25-35 minutes. Do not overbake it!
TIP: When the cake is cooled down, you can make chocolate ganache or some other king of frosting and spread over. This cake has to be tried! It is unbelievably moist and gooey, and people can’t get enough of it.